Anamylove Anamylove
Welkom op het Anamylove forum!

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

SEATTLE -- Justin Meram scored in the final minute of second

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Anamylove -> Foto's(Fotovergelijk)
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212
AnaGod

BerichtGeplaatst: 23-02-2019 03:06:19    Onderwerp: SEATTLE -- Justin Meram scored in the final minute of second Reageren met citaat

SEATTLE -- Justin Meram scored in the final minute of second-half stoppage time, lifting the Columbus Crew to a 2-1 victory over the Seattle Sounders on Saturday night. Scarpe Ultra Boost Uomo Offerta . Merams winning score was set up by Federico Higuains corner kick. The ball went beyond the top of the penalty area to Meram, who drilled a 25-yarder into the back right corner past Sounders goalkeeper Stefan Frei. The Crew (3-0-0) have won their first three games for the first time in the clubs 19-year history. "I was just lucky enough that the play happened," said Meram, who entered in the 89th minute. "(Higuain) is one of the best players in the league. He recognized it, played it to me, I saw an opening and just went for it." "I practice that shot a lot - to be honest, maybe too much," Meram added. "But it paid off tonight." Sounders coach Sigi Schmid wondered aloud if the final play should have been stopped. "Usually, the referee positions himself outside the 18 when a corner kick is taken. I rarely see a referees position almost inside the 6-yard box, so it looked like he was talking to our players," Schmid said. "And if youre talking to our players, why do you let the ball get played? "If youre going to talk to one of our players then you got to stop the play. But that doesnt make an excuse for us for falling asleep and still more players need to pay attention there so we dont get caught." Coupled with Columbus 3-0-1 preseason record, the Crew have yet to lose under the direction of first-year coach and former U.S. national team player Gregg Berhalter. "I dont think you could have seen it," Berhalter said of the fast start. "We knew we wanted to develop, we knew we wanted to grow as a team, and we knew we wanted to improve. Weve made strides in every game that weve played. The guys have accepted the way we want to play, and thats been key." Higuain converted a penalty kick late in the 59th minute to tie it at 1. Higuain has two of his three goals this season on PKs. Last year, he scored a team-record six times in eight opportunities from the spot. Kenny Cooper scored early in the 23rd minute for the Sounders (2-2-0). It his first goal since being acquired in an off-season trade with FC Dallas. Higuains penalty kick was set up when Dominic Oduro was taken down in the box by Seattle defender Djimi Traore, who subsequently was shown a straight red card by referee Allen Chapman. Higuain drove his shot into the upper centre of the net, with Frei diving to the right. Outlet Ultra Boost Online .S. -- Carl-Antoine Delisle snapped a tie in the third period with his second goal of the game to lead the Tigres past Cape Breton 4-3 in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action Wednesday as Victoriaville won its eighth in a row. Ultra Boost Scontate . -- The Chicago Bears say they have agreed to a one-year contract with centre Roberto Garza. http://www.ultraboostoutlet.it/ . Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and Frank Thomas appeared to be on track to gain election from the Baseball Writers Association of America on Wednesday, and Craig Biggio could join them.PHOENIX - Hands crossed behind his back, Ryan Braun stepped up in front of the cameras and reporters ready to take the hits. A long-awaited day had finally arrived: the Brewers slugger is officially back with his team for the first time since being suspended for 65 games for violating Major League Baseballs anti-drug agreement as part of the Biogenesis doping scandal. Once again, hes sorry. And hes ready to move on. "I took responsibility for that mistake I made," Braun said Thursday. "For me, my focus again is on this year and moving forward and learning a new position and getting ready for the season." One that includes a move from left to right field, and questions about whether Braun is over the right thumb injury that also limited him in 2013. But it was that other topic that again dominated a respectful question-and-answer session on a sunny day outside the Brewers spring training complex. And the 2011 NL MVP offered familiar answers. "Like I said, Ive addressed it multiple times. I appreciate your interest. I appreciate everybodys interest," Braun said to one of several questions about why he used a banned substance. "I understand you have a job to do, but Ive already addressed that multiple times at multiple press conferences." There was a statement in August. A gathering with reporters in Milwaukee during a Thanksgiving food drive. Another press conference at fan outreach event last month, his first major public appearance in Milwaukee since the suspension. Its easy to see why theres still interest. After the Yankees Alex Rodriguez, Braun is perhaps the most well-known player suspended for using performance-enhancing drugs. He remains relatively popular in Milwaukee despite the suspension, judging by fans still wearing his No. 8 jersey at the teams winter outreach event. One such fan watched intently from about 50 feet away behind a steel fence at the Maryvale baseball complex, holding on to a yellow Braun jersey. Nearly two years ago to the day, Braun offered a vociferous proclamation of innocence at spring training. At the time, a 50-game suspension for a positive drug test had been overturned by an arbitrator. "We won," he said then with conviction, "because the truth is on my side." Turned out not to be the case. "Certainly I wish that I haadnt done the press conference. Scarpe Ultra Boost Offerta. I wish that I had known then what I know now," Braun said Thursday. "If I had, certainly I wouldnt have done it at all." The front office and manager Ron Roenicke appear to be more than satisfied with how hes made amends with teammates. "Yeah, he doesnt need to address anything anymore. If he wants to, fine," Roenicke said. "He feels like hes said enough. Hes said enough certainly for me." Now if he can just get back to that MVP form under a glare of suspicion that will almost certainly still follow him in the short term, especially on the road. Braun hit .298 with nine home runs, 38 RBIs and four steals in 61 games in 2013, well below his career averages. He is usually good for at least 30-plus homers, 110 RBIs and 20 steals, along with a .320 average. "I feel good, but like I said its always a challenge getting use to facing pitching again and seeing curveballs and sliders and some spin on the ball," Braun said about his thumb. "Theres always an adjustment phase but I feel pretty good." Then theres the new position. As part of the acclimation process, Braun brought up the possibility of being an "all-time" defender in a minor-league game this spring, meaning he would be a fielder for both sides. Roenicke said he first thought about shifting Braun in 2011. "It wont be that easy of a transition, even though hes a very good left fielder," Roenicke said. "Its different when that ball turns the other way." Braun also declined comment when asked about his relationship with Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. The former business partners are two of Wisconsins biggest stars, and Rodgers expressed disappointment after Brauns suspension last summer. To others in baseball, the return of Braun and accompanying drama might be viewed as a headache. Braun is certainly aware that he might get negative reactions away from Miller Park. Roenicke, however, confidently predicted he would not be a distraction for the Brewers. "I think everybody knows the kind of player he is," he said. "We like him for one, and we need him on this team, and hes paid the penalty that Major League Baseball has put in place, and its over." ___ Follow Genaro Armas at http://twitter.com/GArmasAP ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Anamylove -> Foto's(Fotovergelijk) Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: