Anamylove Anamylove
Welkom op het Anamylove forum!

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

John Johnson Rams Jersey

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Anamylove -> Dagboekje/schrijfstek
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
gsnoopy520
AnaGod

BerichtGeplaatst: 15-12-2018 10:55:27    Onderwerp: John Johnson Rams Jersey Reageren met citaat

"

WINDHOEK, Sept. 11 (Xinhua) -- Until the age of 15, Moses Kasamane from Onamaandiya village in Namibia's northern Omusati Region, had not set foot in a classroom.

Like many village boys his age in the 1990s, he grew up herding cattle and taking care of livestock.

""At the time, parents considered it more important for boys to be cattle herders than learners,"" Kasamane said.

""By the age of 12, I knew all traits of herding cattle -- narrating herder songs, traditional songs and idioms. But still, I longed for an education.""

He was 15 years old when he finally enrolled in an adult literacy program. ""I observed how my fellow peers could read and write. They would also receive letters and were able to respond. I felt left out,"" he said.

Even taking the decision to go to school in his teens did not come easy, especially in the face of another more tempting choice -- going into cities searching for better-paying jobs as many other fellow villagers did.

As luck would have it for Kasamane, he met a literacy promoter. ""The literacy promoter (Ms Bernadette) encouraged me to enroll for the program instead of migrating, as it will be my gateway to a new world,"" he said.

Since then, Kasamane has not looked back. Upon completing the adult literacy program teaching him to read and write in 1998, he enrolled in a primary school and later completed secondary education in 2007.

""The start was not easy. People teased and laughed at me. They told me I would not make it. But I was dedicated to make something of my life,"" he said.

With his dedication, Kasamane managed to become a top performer in school and now one who can testify on the benefits of adult education.

In 2012 Kasamane became a literacy promoter and began giving back to the program by using mobile phones and radio to advocate for adults to get an education.

""I saw the benefits of adult literacy, so my wish to see others welcome this initiative to transform their lives,"" he added.

Namibia joined the rest of the world in celebrating this year's Adult Learners' Week (Sept. 1-Cool under its national theme of ""Promotion of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Delivering Literacy and Lifelong Learning for Sustainable Development.""

Now in its 24th year, Adult Learners' Week has become a national celebration of lifelong learning in Namibia, inspiring adult learners across the country.

Launching the Adult Learners' Week in Windhoek, Minister of Education, Arts and Culture, Katrina Hanse-Himarwa said that the Ministry through the Department of Lifelong Learning has been the driving force behind the massive literacy program that has enrolled and benefited over 500,000 Namibian men and women over the past 24 years.

""Information literacy and lifelong learning have been described as the beacons of the information society, illuminating the courses to development, prosperity and freedom,"" Hanse-Himarwa said.

This is true for Kasamane, who has taken a step further to advance his life, and is now pursuing his education in motor mechanic at the Valombola Vocational Training Center.

""I am glad I traded my cattle herder livelihood for education. I am not looking back,"" he gave his conclusion on the adult literacy program.

Namibia's literacy program efforts has continued to gain momentum over the years, and the 2013 UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) award is a testimony to Namibia's achievement.

" Interesting Federal Agencies & What They Do Interesting Federal Agencies & What They Do October 15 Kyle Rudolph Womens Jersey , 2013 | Author: Carey Bourdier | Posted in Education

Of course everyone has heard of the Department of Defense or the Central Intelligence Agency, but there are many more United States government entities that are not as commonly known by the general public. While they are a bit more obscure Linval Joseph Womens Jersey , that is not to say that they are not important. Here are some descriptions of some of those agencies with which you might be more unfamiliar.

The U.S. National Geodetic Survey is one such organization that you might not know much about. Officially, this agency is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration or NOAA Harrison Smith Womens Jersey , which is part of the U.S. Department of Commerce. The National Geodetic Survey is responsible for mapping and charting as well as defining and managing our nation’s coordinate system.

As the name suggests, many of the employees are trained surveyors Kirk Cousins Womens Jersey , using a variety of surveying tools such as theodolites, inclinometers and total stations. Among the many tasks of this agency are providing the exact location of airports and runways Adam Thielen Womens Jersey , as well as quickly providing aerial images of areas affect by any type of natural disaster and providing pinpoint locations as to what areas are most affected.

Another interesting agency is the National Institute of Standards and Technology, which is also known as the National Metrological Institute. This agency also is part of the Department of Commerce. Its primary task is to advance the science of measurement Stefon Diggs Womens Jersey , or metrology, and one of its laboratories is the home of the atomic clock Authentic Jalyn Holmes Jersey , which is what sets our nation’s official time. NIST also runs the Center for Neutron Research and the Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology, among other laboratories. Each year Authentic Brian O'Neill Jersey , the NIST publishes a handbook of uniform weight and measures.

There are also many different types of national laboratories scattered around the United States that are under the direction of the Department of Energy. Scientists at these labs study everything from particle physics to plasma physics to environmental remediation, as well as developing nuclear technology for energy or weaponry. The laboratory in Los Alamos Authentic Daniel Carlson Jersey , New Mexico, is probably the best known of these labs Authentic Mike Hughes Jersey , as it was here that the atom bomb . NHL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys From China Wholesale NHL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Authentic NBA Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Online Wholesale NCAA Jerseys From China Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale NCAA Kids Jerseys
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Anamylove -> Dagboekje/schrijfstek Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: