Anamylove Anamylove
Welkom op het Anamylove forum!

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said after Satur

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Anamylove -> Wedstrijden
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212
AnaGod

BerichtGeplaatst: 25-02-2019 06:52:58    Onderwerp: Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said after Satur Reageren met citaat

HOUSTON -- Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said after Saturdays game against Houston that Nelson Cruz is in a good place. Air Max Outlet Espaņa . Great or excellent would be more fitting adjectives to describe how the first-year Orioles star is playing. Cruz hit his major league-leading 20th home run and drove in three runs to back a solid start by Chris Tillman, and the Orioles snapped a four-game skid with a 4-1 win over the Astros. "Nelson is letting the ball travel and letting it get deep," Showalter said. "Hes come in with a reputation of being streaky and I dont think Ive ever seen him locked in for this long a period of time. A lot of guys at his age start figuring out who they are and learning from their mistakes through the years in more ways than one." Cruz was suspended 50 games last year while playing for the Texas Rangers as a result of Major League Baseballs investigation into the Biogenesis drug scandal before signing a one-year deal with the Orioles this off-season. He agreed with Showalters assessment of his recent play. "I see the ball well," he said. "Like I said before, its hard to be consistent for that long. I just take my routine and try to do it on a daily basis so I can stay more consistent." The loss ends a season-best seven-game winning streak for the Astros. Tillman (5-2) allowed one run on four hits over 6 2-3 innings to bounce back after allowing 14 runs combined in his last two starts. Zach Britton pitched a scoreless ninth for his fourth save. The Orioles took the lead when Dallas Keuchel (6-3) walked home two runs in the fifth and Cruz extended the lead to 4-1 with his solo shot to left-centre off Jerome Williams in the eighth. Cruzs 52 RBIs lead the majors and are the most in team history at the end of May, surpassing the 50 RBIs Chris Davis had entering June last year. Cruz, who also doubled on Saturday, has a 12-game hitting streak with six doubles, eight homers and 15 RBIs in that span. He was pleased that the was able to get the offence going on Saturday after scoring just two runs in the previous two games combined. "As a team we know we can score runs. No doubt," he said. "We have top to bottom one of the best lineups in the league. So it was a matter of time (before) we came back and do what we were supposed to do. I think today was a great example." Keuchel allowed six hits and three runs with three walks in six innings to end a four-game winning streak. He was done in by his lack of control on Saturday after walking just one batter in his previous four starts combined. Keuchel was coming off two stellar outings where he posted a 1.02 ERA and was named AL player of the week. "I just didnt have a feel," Keuchel said of the fifth inning. "Give them credit for laying off a few pitches. Thats a good team. I was lucky to get out of there with just three runs." Manny Machado singled off Keuchel with one out in the fifth before a two-out single by Caleb Joseph. Nick Markakis walked to load the bases before the Orioles took the lead on a walk by Steve Pearce. A third straight walk -- this one by Cruz -- scored another run to push the lead to 3-1. Keuchel took Adam Jones to a full count before striking him out to end the inning. Markakis hit a leadoff double and scored on a sacrifice fly by Cruz with one out to put Baltimore up early. Jason Castro doubled with no outs in the second inning before Tillman plunked two of the next three batters to load the bases with one out. Robbie Grossman singled on a dribbler down the right field line to tie it at 1-1. NOTES: The series wraps up on Sunday when Baltimores Wei-Yin Chen opposes Scott Feldman. ... Saturday was the 1,000th career game for Jones. ... Baltimore RHP Tommy Hunter, on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to May 21 with a left groin strain, will throw a bullpen session on Sunday. ... Machado, who has hit in the No. 2 spot for most of his career, was moved down to the seventh spot this week after struggling this season. Showalter is confident that Machado, who had two hits Saturday, will get back on track and thinks this move could help. "Were just trying to be patient for him to work his way back into it, but thats a challenge," Showalter said. "He gets frustrated. He hides it pretty well. Hes the same body language, the same everything that he was last year, just not getting the return. And its frustrating for him." Zapatillas Air Max Rebajas . The International Ice Hockey Federation says Pavlovs avoided a two-year sanction because he acted "without significant negligence in failing to verify the safety of the supplements he was taking. Venta De Zapatillas Air Max . Rosbergs time of 1 minute, 33.185 seconds at the Bahrain International Circuit was a quarter of a second faster than Hamilton, who had to abandon his final flying lap after running wide at the first corner. http://www.baratasairmaxoutlet.es/ . MLB.com reported that the Dodgers locked the left-hander in for one year at $10 million with up to $4 million in incentives.CLEVELAND -- Cincinnati Reds manager Bryan Price had never seen anything like it. Neither had anyone else. Aided by a bizarre play in which Cleveland runner David Murphy was fooled by a second ball on the field and tagged out, Cincinnati defeated the Indians 9-2 on Tuesday night. "Thats one of the strangest things Ive ever seen," Price said. "Im sure thats going to go down as one of those plays we see between innings for years to come." Johnny Cuetos fourth complete game of the season was overshadowed in the seventh inning when the Indians had a rally squelched after an errant warmup pitch from Cincinnatis bullpen came on the field, resulting in Murphy being caught off third base. Lonnie Chisenhall drew a leadoff walk, and Murphy singled. Yan Gomes double cut the lead to 6-2 and moved Murphy to third as a ball thrown by reliever Jumbo Diaz rolled behind second base. The confused Murphy mistakenly thought the ball was live and edged off third. Third baseman Ramon Santiago took the relay throw and made the tag. "The timing of it was crazy," Murphy said. "I just didnt know where the ball came from. It was unbelievable." Santiago was one of the few people on the field who knew the situation and called for shortstop Zach Cozart to make a throw. "I was yelling, Give me the ball," he said. "I saw the other ball, but I knew we had a play." Indians manager Terry Francona spoke briefly with crew chief Gerry Davis, but the call stood. "He said he understood our frustration, but they cant kill a play until the conclusion," Francona said. "It was perfect timing, and its the responsibility of our coaches and runners to know whats going on. I cant fault Murph, though, because he saw the ball there and thought they couldnt throw him out." Cueto (13-6) retired the next two hitters. "I was confused," he said of the strange play. "I thought a fan threw the ball." "Just when you think youve seen it all in baseball, you havent," Santiago said. "You always see somethingg new. Air Max Baratas Espaņa. Thats why its a beautiful game." Santiago hit a three-run homer in the second off Josh Tomlin (5-Cool to break a 1-all tie for his first home run since Aug. 16 last season while playing for Detroit. Cincinnati, which has been playing without All-Stars Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips, is 6-12 since the break, as it struggles to stay in the NL playoff chase. The Reds broke a 10-game losing streak at Progressive Field. BIG PLAY Price admitted the bizarre play gave the Reds a boost. "It may have saved our bacon a little bit," he said. "At this point in time of the season well do whatever we have to do to win a game." Catcher Brayan Pena thought Diaz should be given some credit for his warmup pitch that missed its target by a couple of hundred feet. "Johnny should buy Jumbo a big steak," he said. MR. PERFECT Cueto allowed two runs and hasnt lost since July 2. Cincinnati is unbeaten in Cuetos six career starts against Cleveland. TRAINERS ROOM Reds: Votto (strained left knee) who has been on the 15-day disabled list since July 8, is rehabilitating in Cincinnati. Manager Bryan Price said Votto is still experiencing soreness in the knee, and there is no timetable for his return. Indians: Designated hitter Nick Swisher (strained right wrist) is expected to be available Wednesday after missing two games. Center fielder Michael Bourn (strained left hamstring) began a rehab assignment at Double-A Akron on Tuesday and could rejoin the Indians next week. He hasnt played since July 5. ON DECK Reds: Right-hander Mat Latos (3-3) starts Wednesday as the series shifts to Cincinnati. He will be making his 10th start after opening the season on the DL. Latos owns a 3.11 career ERA at Great American Ball Park, which is the lowest by any pitcher with at least 15 starts there. Indians: Right-hander Danny Salazar (4-4) looks for his fourth straight win since returning from the minors. He has a 2.00 ERA while striking out 17 over 18 innings in his last three starts. Salazar has yet to face Cincinnati. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Anamylove -> Wedstrijden Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: